Sunday, September 12, 2010

So close at heart, but yet not close to touch!

Tomorrow, September 13, will be 17 years since my brother, Jeyaprakash (also known as Jay Jay and affectionately called my family members, Chinna) passed away.
I cannot believe it will be 17 years, because his death is still fresh on my mind and think that it was only just a few years ago.
A lot has happened in the past 17 years, but I still keep asking why he had to leave us so soon.
Now my parents are no longer with me too, as they have passed away.
I can still remember how we used to be a family and I missed those moments very much.
It is not easy having lost a brother, mother (1997) and father (2007). There is a great vacuum left behind, which never can be filled.
More often than not, we take things for granted when we have all our members of the family around us. Only when they are no longer with us, we realise how much they mean to us and how much they are part of or lives.
To those who have your family sharing every celebration, cherish them and make the most of it.
It is valuable moments like these that I miss so much, especially during festive periods when we see, hear and read about stories of family get-togethers.
All I have now is memories of them which I can only recall and remember those fond memories which will never be a part of my life again.
Although, Chinna was closer with my brothers and sister because of their closeness of age with them - he was five years younger to me - he has always been a part of me and my friends (especially The Malay Mail Soccer team whom he was so attached too).
17 years may have passed, but I still miss him very much.
All I can ask now is for the Lord to grant him eternal rest and peace.
I had written on my blog last year in detail about my brother and when I read it before I posted this blog, tears welled from my eyes.
I would like those who still remember Jeyaprakash   to read that piece again and say a prayer for him.
Read here: He ain't heavy, he is my brother

3 comments:

Andrew Gopal said...

My prayers for Chinna.

Alexander said...

Thoughts and prayers with you my good friend.

Alexander

Unknown said...

Tony,

God loved Jay Jay more than us. How can we, the members of the Malay Mail Team ever forget him. He was everywhere during matches, very bubbly and a real joker at times. I, for one enjoyed his company.

Yes...He ain't heavy, he is my brother too. I, together with my family members will say our prayers for him.