Saturday, November 7, 2009

Two silver and two bronze for youth bowlers





PRESS RELEASE FROM MTBC– 3rd Asian Indoor Games

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

November 7, 2009

MALAYSIA BRING HOME 2 SILVER & 2 BRONZE

Despite of sending our national back ups who had to compete with top Asian national elites in the 3rd Asian Indoor Games at Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, the young Malaysian bowlers did well to accomplish two Silver and two Bronze medals for our country. This is a 100% increase as compare to the last Asian Indoor Games at Macau where we won only one silver by Zatil Iman in the Women’s Singles and one bronze in the Women’s Team.

In the 3rd Asian Indoor Games at Saigon Superbowl, Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam today, our young men’s team led by Kang Bo Long, Rodson Tong, Kelvin Keong and anchored by lengthy Syafiq Ridhwan stormed into Men’s Team Finals by defeating Team Kuwait narrowly with 773 vs 764 in the Semi-Finals. However they were not able to upset the more experienced national team of UAE in the Final as they lost with 788 vs 829 to settle for Silver. Kuwait and Korea, the two Semi-Finalists took the Bronze.

Men Team Silver medalist

Our women’s team settled for another Bronze when they lost to a better team Japan with 770 vs 867 in the Semi Finals. But Korea smashed Japan in the Final with a high 895 vs a poor 696 to add to their 3 gold medal haul and acclaimed as the overall country champion with 3 gold, 2 silver and 1 bronze. UAE is second overall with 3 gold while Malaysia came in 3rd overall with 2 Silver and 2 Bronze.

Women Team Bronze medalist

Append below are individual quotes from our bowlers and Team Manager :

Sharon Koh - This is my 1st AIG, and I am happy with my performance; also my team mates. -Sharon Koh

Fatin - A very good experience for me in this highly charge AIG. We fought till the end in every event

Li Jane - I performed better in my 2nd AIG here, it was a team effort that put us in the podium finish.

Ema - My debut AIG and I am very satisfied with my performance, also my team mates.

Bo Long - This is my first official Games, learned a good experience, achieved team Silver against better teams

Rodson - My first experience, was rather disappointed with my Singles event but in Team event, I gave my best shot with my team mates to win the Silver

Kelvin - Our team spirit prevailed and we fought hard to deserve the Silver

Syafiq - My team mates bowled well and we motivated each other so that we can all go back to Msia with medals.

BC Cheah – I cannot ask for more from our young back-ups as they are here fighting hard with the more experience and better bowlers in the field. They all did well to deserve the 2 silver and 2 bronze, and what made me happier is every member of the team will go home with a medal.

Malaysia with the Women Team Bronze and Men Team Silver

No comments: